Why Choose Dance?
Today’s busy families have many activities to choose from.
Why choose dance? With correct professional training, dance benefits the Mind, Body and Spirit!
- Creativity is heightened.
- Focus and concentration are enhanced.
- Teaches an understanding and appreciation of excellence.
- Fosters self-discipline.
- Teaches stage presence and performing ability, which are good for future public speaking, etc.
- Teaches healthy group participation: cooperation, sharing, working with and helping others.
- Develops effective body language for more effective communication.
- Via the application of physics, increases understanding of how we move and balance.
- Exercise induces growth factors in the brain – builds new neurons into the brain circuits, builds new synapses, improves learning and improves vascular function of the brain.
- Develops body balance, which is key in all sports, although not taught in all sports.
- Tones Muscles and improves flexibility.
- Helps with weight control.
- Improves cardiovascular fitness.
- Teaches an understanding of the body, its capabilities and limitations.
- Enhances kinesthetic awareness.
- Improves coordination for injury prevention in all other sports & endeavors.
- Develops muscle control and refinement.
- Improves posture.
- Develops poise and grace.
- Builds and maintains strong, healthy bones via weight-bearing strength and balance training.
- Encourages a healthy outlet to express one’s feelings.
- Allows one to experience the pure enjoyment that movement brings.
- Sparks enthusiasm.
- Challenges the student to improve their physical and artistic skills.
- Increases sensitivity.
- Encourages musicality.
- Increases and enhances artistic sensibility.
- Improved posture will create positive impressions resulting in respect and admiration from others.
- The end result of good ballet training will be an elegant and refined individual!